Sizzling scorched rice with three vegetable delicacies素三鲜锅巴
|Scorched rice with vegetable cooked by Remie|
Part 1: The scorched rice
Ok, usually my family buy the readymade from groceries. But I haven’t found it in Melbourne Asian groceries yet. So, I have found a youtube video in English that teaches you to make the scorched rice. You can follow this video.
Use Arborio rice to make scorched rice.
Part 2: The three vegetable delicacies sauce
- 50g Mushroom, sliced
- Dry black fungus, handful, soak in water for few hours till they turn soft and cut into bite size
- 2 Celery stalks, sliced
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 1 Shallot, cut into small pieces
- 2 Ginger slices, minced
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1tsb Salt
- Vegetable stock
- 3tbs Tomato sauce
- 1/2tsp Sugar
- In a fry pan, add oil (about 1-2 tbs). When the oil is hot, add shallot, ginger and garlic. Stir till the fragrance comes out.
- Add in mushroom, black fungus, celery and carrot. Stir till they are half-cooked, add salt. Keep stirring to mix well
- Add vegetable stock till the stock covers all vegetables.
- When it is boiled, add in tomato sauce and sugar. Stir to mix well.
- Cook for few minutes and give it a taste. adjust salt input. *if it’s too salty, you can add more stock. But keep it in mind, this vegetable sauce shouldn’t be too dry and too wet.*
- When it is done, add some pepper as you like. Transfer it into a bowl and set aside.
- Use a sauce pan, add enough oil to fry the scorched rice that you have made before.
- When the scorched rice turns golden colour, take them into a plate.
- Pour the vegetable sauce into the hot fried scorched rice. While you are pouring, you should hear loud sizzling sound. A every exciting moment!!
Nana's Chop Suey 奶奶的杂碎菜
|Remie Nana's handwritten recipe|
|Chop Suey cooked by Siying|
- 1lb hamburger
- 1/2 cabbage, shredded
- Onions (own taste)
- Celery sticks
- 1pkt chicken noodle, rice, bread crumbs if desired
- Extra tsp Curry powder
- Fry meat and onion in saucepan in margarine
- Add all other ingredients
- Cover with water
- simmer for 1 hour